When we collect information about you
- Through the social media pages that we control (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”).
- When you visit our Websites or Social Media Pages and/or enter our Services or communicate with us through other offline interactions.
- Through software applications we may make available in the future, for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”).
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, our Social Media Pages and Apps as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
What personal data we collect
- When you send us an email using our Contact Form(s) we may collect your IP address, user agent, name, phone number, email address, and message for the purpose of spam checking. The submission data may be emailed directly to the intended recipient(s) or briefly stored and then deleted from our database after being sent to the intended recipient(s). This email will include your IP address, timestamp, name, email address, phone number, and message. This information may be used to contact you regarding any inquiries and stored offline for the purpose of sending future notices about new books or courses. To send us an email you must agree to this Privacy Statement.
- When you fill out any of our Client Forms your submission data may be emailed directly to the intended recipient(s) or briefly stored and then deleted from our database after being sent to the intended recipient(s). This email will include your IP address, timestamp, name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers, occupation, Skype username (if applicable), and other pertinent information for the purpose of receiving our Services.
- If you book a Discovery Session through TimeTrade any personal information you provide is emailed directly to the intended recipient(s). This will include your name, email address, date of birth, phone numbers, time of your session, Skype username (if applicable), and other pertinent information you enter in the form. Your name and email address will be added to our offline mailing list in case we need to contact you and for future marketing purposes.
Cookies & similar technologies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the website, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical data to improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
Cookies are used to track responses to online advertisements and marketing emails. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Websites and/or Social Media Pages. You can learn more about controlling cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
- Pixel Tags and similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to track your actions, measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about your usage and preferences.
- Gravatar Hovercards. This feature will send a hash of your email address (if logged in to the site or WordPress.com — or if a comment is submitted using the email address attached to an active Gravatar profile) to the Gravatar service owned by Automattic, in order to retrieve your profile image.
- Infinite Scroll. We track your IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, and country code to record page views via WordPress.com Stats with additional loads (i.e. when you scroll down to the bottom of the page and a new set of posts loads automatically).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on the Websites and Social Media Pages may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited these other websites.
Who we share your data with
We do not explicitly share or trade any personal information with any third parties for the purpose of marketing to you. Any oral or written personal information we may receive while we provide our Services is kept strictly confidential. Testimonials and reviews may include your name and location to be used on our Websites and Social Media Pages for our marketing purposes, with your permission.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding our visitors and users with business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes of running and/or marketing our business. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Websites or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters, notices, surveys, or managing and/or posting on our Social Media Pages. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
You may find content on our Websites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear or cookies used on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by sites linked to or from our Websites. Those sites and services may have their own privacy policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including sites which have a link to our Websites, is subject to the terms and policies of those sites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments.
For users that register on our Websites (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
If you make a purchase through any of our Websites, we collect any pertinent information to process your order and provide and/or ship the service or product purchased. In this case your data may be retained indefinitely or as long as it is required for bookkeeping and tax purposes.
Your name and email address used to send newsletters and other notices are stored for as long as you choose to receive these. If you unsubscribe from them they will be immediately deleted. Please note you may be subscribed to more than one mailing list and will only be removed from the specific list you’re unsubscribing unless you unsubscribe from all.
GDPR rights & your acceptance of terms
As of May 25, 2018, we’ve adopted guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation for European EU users/clients.
If you have an account on the Websites, have left comments, or have contacted us through the Websites you can request that we correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete any personal data we have collected or hold about you in our databases. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for bookkeeping and administrative, legal, or security purposes. There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed, when you make a purchase through any of our Websites.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service from WordPress.org. Other information may be sent to WordPress.org, Statcounter.com and/or Google Analytics for the purposes stated above under “Cookies & similar technologies.”
We may send the information you provide when placing an order for a product and/or service only to fulfill such order with the product and/or service purchased. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary, such as payment collection, email and shipping (if applicable) to providers such as QuickBooks, Square, USPS, UPS, Woo commerce, Paypal, and similar.
Comment Likes (this feature is only accessible to users logged in to WordPress.com).
In order to process a comment like, we track your WordPress.com user ID/username (you must be logged in to use this feature), the local site-specific user ID (if the user is signed in to the site on which the like occurred), and a true/false data point that tells us if the user liked a specific comment. If you perform a like action from one of our mobile apps, some additional information is used to track the activity: IP address, user agent, timestamp of event, blog ID, browser language, country code, and device info.
Activity Tracked: A cookie (akm_mobile) is stored for 3.5 days to remember whether or not you wish to view the mobile version of the Websites.
The platform used for our Websites is WordPress. WordPress tracks information when you choose to receive notifications or open a notification from our Websites. This feature is only accessible to registered users of the site who are logged in to WordPress.com.
- Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Some visitor-related information or activity may be sent to us via this feature. This may include: email address, WordPress.com username, site URL, email address, comment content, follow actions, etc.
- Activity Tracked: Sending and/or receiving notifications, opening notifications, performing an action from within the notification panel (e.g. liking a comment), and clicking on any link from within the notification interface.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that no person under the age of eighteen(18) contact us or provide personal data through the Websites.
How we protect your data
We have established security measures such as firewalls and two-factor authentication to prevent access to the back-end of our Websites. We have systems in place to monitor and flag any suspicious activity to protect our databases, and we monitor the Websites on a regular basis.
Personal information sent via any of our Contact Forms may be briefly stored in our database, but once it has been emailed directly to the intended recipient(s) it is deleted from the database and stored in a separate business address book.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Last Updated: May 25th, 2018.